Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 14 - "Obama Will Be One of the Greatest (and Most Loved) American Presidents

When I read this article in the Huffington Post, by author Frank Schaeffer, I cried.   All the way along, I have so deeply felt the truth about everything he writes.  So has Grant Taylor, our videographer/editor, the one who forwarded the article to me.  What Mr. Schaeffer writes is why we both felt so committed to the Choose To Unite project.   "Obama is our last best chance.  He's worth laying it all out on the line for."  

Particularly compelling to me was a summary paragraph toward the end of the article:  "Only a brilliant man, with the spirit of  a preacher and the humble heart of a kindly family doctor [the metaphor I used in our interview - read the October 9 blog!] can lead us now...  We're about to enter one of the most frightening periods of American history.  Our country has rarely faced more uncertainty.  This is the time for greatness.  We have a great leader. We must be a great people backing him, fighting for him, sacrificing for a cause greater than ourselves."