Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5 - "This Is My Song"

This morning in church we sang a hymn (written in 1934) with themes of oneness, unity and the commonalities that unite us as humans:

"This is my song, O God of all the nations,
a song of peace for lands afar and mine.
This is my home, the country where my heart is;
here are my hopes, my dreams, my holy shrine;
But other hearts in other lands are beating
with hopes and dreams as true and high as mine.

My country's skies are bluer than the ocean,
and sunlight beams on clover leaf and pine;
But other lands have sunlight, too, and clover,
and skies are everywhere as blue as mine.
O hear my song, O God of all the nations, 
a song of peace for their land and mine."

The path of Oneness:  I am passionate in this lifetime to express this universal message through my creative work in any of its forms, including the recent "Choose To Unite" song for Barack Obama.

Would I ever be humbly honored – as so many people have suggested to me – if the campaign heard and used "Choose To Unite" as their song also – received and produced (as a gift and resource) specifically for Barack's values and core messaging, made in the gestalt of the grass roots effort that forms the basis of the campaign!  

Grant Taylor, our videographer/collaborator on the "Choose To Unite" music video, also expresses the message of Oneness every time he says, "I feel the whole world should have a vote in this election, because its results impact not only the U.S. but the world."  

Sharing comments from YouTube:  

"Your vision brought to bear an extraordinary video which embodies, capitivates and conveys Senator Obama's vision for this country."

"What a wonderful expression of innovation and creativity, two things for which Barack stands."

"Totally enthralled by the way it incorporates all the best of our President Obama!  GOBAMA, YES, WE CAN!"